Not sure what to bring to your next Holiday gathering or celebration with friends and family? Fruits and veggies are a great (and easy) option to bring that many people enjoy. Cut up your favorite winter fruits and make a fruit salad, or put bigger chunks of fruit on a stick for ‘fruit kabobs’. Veggies with hummus or a strawberry and spinach salad can add a lot of flavor and color to the Holiday menu.
Worried about the bananas, apples or pears in the fruit salad or on the fruit kabob browning? Here are a few options to make sure fruit does not brown:
– Squeeze a lemon, lime or orange over fruit mixture
– Include pineapple or oranges in the mixture and pour any juice from cutting into the salad
– Use the juice from a can of pineapple to soak fruits
– Purchase lemon juice and squeeze or use basting brush to cover fruit mixture
Many people will appreciate the fruits and veggies as they are very tasty and also help us to get the nutrients we need to stay healthy during the Holidays. Here is Holiday fruit kabob recipe. Be creative and make modifications to the fruits used per your liking or what is on sale at the store!
Christmas Fruit Kabob Recipe
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 medium apples, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch grapes, washed and picked off stem
- Alternately thread fruit onto wooden skewers. Cover and refrigerate until serving.