- Store eggs in their original container.
- Keep eggs in a place in the refrigerator where they will not get meat juice dripped on them.
- Do not store eggs on the refrigerator door.
- Raw eggs are safe to keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 weeks, if stored correctly.
- Hard boiled eggs are good for 1 week if kept in the refrigerator.
- Throw eggs out if they have been at room temperature for more than 2 hours – this includes hard boiled eggs!
With Easter on its way its important to keep these egg safety tips in mind! Throughout the year, hard boiled eggs are great additions to green leaf salads, sandwiches or by themselves for a protein filled snack.
Not exactly sure how to hard boil an egg? See below for a fool proof ways to get the ‘perfect hardboiled egg’ from Rachael Ray:
- Put the eggs in the pot and cover them with cold water.
- Cover the pot.
- Turn on heat to high and bring the water to a boil.
- After a rolling boil, turn off the heat and leave the pot covered for 10 minutes.
- After the 11 minutes, remove the cover and run cold water over the eggs until the eggs are cold.
- Eggs should be very easy to peel and shouldn’t have a green ring.
Check out www.incredibleegg.org for more information and egg recipe ideas.