How To Apply for the WIC Program

Please contact the Oneida County WIC office to determine eligibility to have a WIC appointment. Final eligibility for WIC will be determined at the appointment.

Call or email Julie at 715-369-6109;

Call or email Brenda at 715-369-6186;

Please bring the following to your next appointment:

Proof of identification for person being enrolled, for example:

  • WIC ID
  • Birth certificate, hospital record, or crib card
  • Photo ID (school ID, county ID, drivers license, passport, military ID)

Proof of identification for parent, guardian, or proxy:

  • Same as above

Proof of current entire household income, for example:

Proof of residence, for example:

  • Current bill
  • Rent receipt or lease with address included
  • Any document with your name and current address

Child/children’s immunization records

Proof of pregnancy

If you will need language or sign language interpreter or other accommodation for disability, please let WIC staff know in advance.

At the end of your appointment:

If you qualify, you will be given WIC checks, for nutritious foods. You will be given a list of grocery stores where you can exchange your WIC checks for WIC-approved foods.

Once enrolled:

  • Pregnant women can receive WIC through their entire pregnancy.
  • Infants can receive WIC through their first year. (Then they may be re-enrolled as children.)
  • Breastfeeding women are enrolled for six months at a time. (A breastfeeding woman’s eligibility end on her baby’s first birthday.)
  • Women who are not breastfeeding can receive WIC for 6 months after delivery.
  • Children can receive WIC throughout their six month certification period. After that, they can be re-enrolled ever six months until the age of five if they continue to meet all the eligibility requirements.

“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”
Share this information
Categorized as Women, Infants, & Children Program (WIC)

Contact Us

Oneida County Health Department
100 West Keenan Street
Rhinelander, WI 54501
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm Mon-Fri

Telephone (715) 369-6111
Fax (715) 369-6112

To report a public health emergency or to report a notifiable disease after hours, please contact dispatch at 715-361-5100.

Click here to view map and additional contact information.



Mental Health Hotline - Mental Health Crisis? Forest, Vilas and Oneida County call 1-888-299-1188.

Smoking Cessation - Break free of cigarettes. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW.

Disaster Distress Line - Stress, anxiety, and other depression are common after a disaster. Call 1-800-985-5990 or visit the Disaster Distress Line to talk.

Wisconsin First Step – Information on services for children and youth with special needs, their families and providers. Call 1-800-642-7837 to speak with a parent specialist.

Maternal and Child Health Hotline – Call 1-800-722-2295 for information on BadgerCare Plus, WIC, HealthCheck, maternal depression, Prenatal Care Coordination, family planning, developmental screenings, and more.