Do your nutrition education ON THE INTERNET!
- It’s easy! You don’t have to be a computer whiz to use this progam.
- It’s fun! There are lots of good recipes and tips on preparing healthy food.
- It’s convenient! You can do it at any time, anywhere you have Internet access.
- WIC parents that have used it really enjoy it!
*For parents, breastfeeding moms, and moms who have just had a baby.
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Log on to a computer that is connected to the Internet.
- Type www.wichealth.org in the address box and press Enter.
- Choose a topic.
- You will be asked questions about your child’s feeding needs and any problems or difficulties you have. Be sure to click on the
- When you finish the education module you will be asked to complete a short survey. Your answers will be kept private and will be used to help the site.
- When your are done, print out the certificate of completion and place in your WIC folder at the end of the folder to give to staff at your next clinic visit.
- Oneida County WIC clinic accepts e-mail certificates, so you can choose this option. Just follow the simple instructions.
Call your local WIC office if you need help using this website.
Complete List of Lessons Offered by WICHealth.org
- Food Safety for Moms-to-Be
Children Ages 0-1
- Starting to Feed Your Infant Solids*
- Baby’s First Cup*
- Support for Breastfeeding Moms*
Children Ages 1-5
- Make Meals & Snacks Simple*
- Secrets For Feeding Picky Eaters*
- Create Good Eating Habits In Your Child*
- Help Your Child Make Good Eating Choices*
- Trust Your Child To Eat Enough*
- Happy, Healthy, Active Children*
- Build Strong Kids with Dairy Foods*
- Fun and Healthy Drinks for Kids
- Fruits and Veggies Grow Healthy Kids
- Keep Your Family Safe From E.Coli
- Eat Well – Spend Less
- Steps To A Healthier Family*
- Healthy Whole Grains*
- Be Healthy with Fruits and Veggies
- Be Healthy As Your Baby Grows*
- Preparing For A Healthy Pregnancy
*Offered in Spanish